The Governor announces a major reopening of NY State by 5/17/21 (includes: retail, food services, gyms and fitness centers, amusement and family entertainment, hair salons, barber shops, offices, etc.)
- Hair salons, barber shops, and other personal care businesses as well as indoor dining can increase capacity to 75% starting May 7.
- Gyms and fitness centers expand to 50% capacity and offices can increase to 75% capacity starting May 15.
- Outdoor food and beverage curfew lifted on May 17. MTA returns to 24-hour service the same day.
- Indoor food and beverage curfew lifted May 31.
- Indoor catered gathering limit increases to 250; 500 with testing or vaccine May 19.
- Residential gathering limits increases to 50 May 19.
- Outdoor large stadium capacity will go to 33% on May 19. (NY, NJ, CT are working on a joint protocol for stadiums going forward.)